Friday, June 15, 2007

The chicken or the egg

Debra & I arrived early on Tuesday morning, throwing ourselves immediately into the challenge of finding work and a place to stay. Hopefully, fingers crossed, we have locked in a lease on the Isle of Dogs, roughly next to a DLR station, just by the Thames. Securing this place took significant pain and effort, and left us both in tears on a number of occasions. Without employment, its so hard to secure a lease. With out a place to stay, we cannot work. In hindsight, we should have found share accommodation. I never want to go through it again, or put my wife through this again. I just pray it still works out and we have a place to live. A week ago, we had everything we could have asked for; a home, car, friends & family around us and great jobs. This week we found ourselves alone, practically homeless and without employment, eating just two meals a day. I could feel the grey hairs emerging from my head. I'm a great believer in taking risks, but clearly its hard work. We both did this before in 2000, but as you get older, it seems harder.

My ichy feet are truely scratched now. :)